Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Job Start Date: September 2022
Hours of Work: 19.5hrs 3 days a week, term time only.
Salary Details: Grade 8 Point 18-23, actual salary £11,157 - £12,389
Thameside Primary School are looking for an enthusiastic and committed HLTA to join our dedicated and supportive team. The successful candidate will have:
- A HLTA qualification
- An understanding of the needs and development of young learners
- A good knowledge of positive behaviour management strategies
- Experience of working in a primary school or similar setting
- Experience of planning, marking and delivering whole class lessons.
- G.C.S.E. (grade C or above) in Maths and English or an equivalent level 3 qualification.
- A good level of spoken and written English.
- A calm and caring nature.
- A flexible approach and the ability to use their initiative.
- The ability to work successfully as part of a team.
- To be a special person who wants to make a difference.
- A good sense of humour
We welcome visits to the school, please contact the school office 01235-527600 or email to make an appointment. Full contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section; please log in or register to view.
Interviews will be held on receipt of sufficient applications; the closing date is Friday 8th July.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thameside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Thameside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.