About Chestnut Park Primary School
As a modern school, built in 2016, Chestnut Park benefits from state of the art technology within a modern, purpose built environment. We are also proud of our Ofsted inspection (June 2018) in which we were awarded 'Outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted found 'Pupils’ behaviour in class and around school is exemplary. They are polite and well-mannered and demonstrate very positive attitudes to learning. Leadership is strong at all levels. Existing leaders identify and nurture potential leaders. Leaders invest in high-quality training to support improvement'
Our vision is that Chestnut Park Primary School will remain a primary school of excellence, where every child is both challenged and inspired to achieve beyond their dreams. We believe every child should be inspired by a rich and varied curriculum which focuses on establishing the highest standard of basic skills, whilst nurturing independent learners and thinkers.
Applicants must already be qualified as an HLTA with experience of working across inclusion. The successful individual will be confident in providing support to students across all key stages and departments throughout their learning journey and effectively support students from a range of backgrounds, with a variety of needs. Working alongside the class teacher, the HLTA will provide support for children to enable them to successfully access the curriculum and learning. The post may on occasions include leading small group intervention work, and taking whole classes in conjunction with the class teacher. The HLTA will also be required to take regular PPA cover.
Why work at Chestnut Park Primary School?
The support of GLF Schools and the opportunity to be part of an inspirational, growing and dynamic organisation
- An exciting opportunity to develop a curriculum to meet the needs of local community
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing community with excellent transport links
- New top of the range facilities to aid Teaching and Learning.
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within GLF Schools
- Recognition of previous school continuous service.
- Excellent CPD opportunities and career progression
- A competitive pension scheme
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
● Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 16,000 pupils
● Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
● 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
● We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
● Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
● Access to our highly competitive Pension Scheme
● Flexible working options
● Generous holiday allowance
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Employee wellbeing initiatives
● Career pathways and talent management
● Access to a staff benefits portal
● Community and collaboration working model
We are looking for applicants with the following skills:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in delivering agreed learning intervention programs; adjusting activities according to pupil need to support and enrich learning
• Ability to deliver pastoral support within the school to address the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
• Experience in behaviour and anger management strategies
• Relevant Vocational Qualification in Supporting Teaching & Learning
We can offer you:
Hours: 8:30am-3:30pm, term time, 32.5 hours
Salary Pay Scales: Specialist Point 1 : FTE: £23,800.00 (Pro Rata : £18,484.38)
Interviews : rolling
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date. Please submit your application as early as possible.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place