Part – Time Higher Level Teaching Assistant
An excellent opportunity to join our passionate team.
Our vision: Through God, we can flourish, we can learn, we can achieve.
Stanwell Fields Primary School & Nursery is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed HLTA, to provide cover for teacher absence as required, to monitor and evaluate children’s learning, provide objective and accurate feedback on the children’s achievement. This will include providing cover at short notice for absent teachers and planned cover.
Key skills and experience you will need:
• An ability to build good working relationships with both pupils and adults
• Good organisational skills
• Flexibility and creativity
• Enjoy working with children
• Good literacy and numeracy skills (level 2 and above)
• Ability to manage pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
• Patience and a sense of humour
• It could be useful if you have IT skills or are fluent in local community languages
Hours: The role will be for two days per week (Thursday & Friday) 8.20-3.20pm with an hour for lunch. (12 hours per week over 39 weeks, term time plus 5 INSET days).
Salary: NJC pay scale point 12 FTE £24,462 PRO RATA to £6,950 Fixed Term Contract until 31.07.2019