Higher Level Teaching Assistant - HLTA
Temporary Contract for the Spring & Summer Term 2020
Salary: LG Band Grade 7
Point 19-22 (according to experience).
Salary is £21,053 - £23,016 per annum (according to experience).
The purpose of this role is to work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management and preparation of resources to deliver the national curriculum. Furthermore, to supervise whole classes i.e. PPA, teacher absence etc. This role is varied and we are looking for an adaptable and flexible individual.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant Status (HLTA).
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (new grades GCSE 4 and above).
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- A commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
- Working with a range of class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning.
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
The successful candidate will be employed for 32.5 hours/week during term time and 32.5 hours for inset days, training etc.
Hours will be timetabled to work throughout the day i.e. morning, during lunchtime, afternoon. You must be willing to attend meetings and training after school hours.
Please see the Job Description with Level Criteria Matrix and Person Specification for more details and tell us how you match your skills and knowledge. If an applicant does not meet all the essential requirements they will not be shortlisted. No feedback will be given if you are not shortlisted. We do not accept CVs. Do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any queries 0116-251-6574.
An application form may be downloaded from the eteach website.
Closing Date for application: Thursday, 02 January 2020
Interviews to be held on Friday, 24 January 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that they are not a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018.