Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Start date: Autumn Term 2022
Pay Grade 8 Point 15-18 (depending on experience)
This permanent post would be ideal for an ECT and/or existing HLTAs/Cover Supervisors to support the teaching and learning across the school. It includes elements of whole class cover for teachers and small groups and intervention work, but without the additional assessment/planning requirements of a teaching post.
We are looking for an HLTA who is:
- A highly motivated and talented individual who will help continue our drive for excellence in pupil outcomes;
- Able to bring evidence of successful experience of working with children in an educational setting; including whole class cover (lessons planned for you) within a school setting.
- Committed to supporting the aspirational vision shared by the whole school;
- A calm, reflective and caring individual who understands the needs of children in an educational setting
- Adaptable and flexible in their approach, due to the nature of the role.
Applicants must have considerable experience of covering classes across a range of age groups for the full range of primary subjects and have relevant qualifications (see job specification) and the necessary skills and expertise in line with the national HLTA professional standards (although qualification is not essential).
The post is full time with hours to be worked flexibly (8.30am until 4pm, with additional ad hoc hours for after school clubs, training, staff meetings, etc) per week for 39 weeks a year (term time plus one week).
Closing date: Tuesday 16th August 2022 @ 9am,
Interview date: TBC
Please contact the school at the above address for an application pack (please note as an academy we have a different application form from the Leicestershire LA version).
Glen Hills Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are suject to enhanced DBS disclosure (formerly CRB) and reference checks.