Salary: G09, spine point 26, £24,982 per annum pro rata. Actual commencing salary £15,282 per annum (pay award pending)
Hours: 26 hours per week, term time only. Secondment cover commencing 2nd November 2020 until February 2021 or the earlier return of the postholder.
We are seeking to appoint an HLTA to have shared responsibility with the English Faculty Leader and SENDCo for the planning, development, co-ordination and management of the intervention programme which will support students and enhance their language and literacy skills at KS3 and 4 including specific support for the GCSE syllabuses in English Language and English Literature.
To work in close liaison with colleagues, other agencies and parents to create co-ordinated approaches to supporting individual students, monitoring their effectiveness and supporting colleagues in their implementation.
• The opportunity to join the staff team at this high attaining, successful and oversubscribed school
• A committed and enthusiastic staff group
• Exciting opportunities for personal and professional development
Cotham School is an extremely successful specialist co-operative academy that serves the local community, providing a high quality education for its students. We consistently deliver outstanding academic outcomes, amongst the best in the city and are determined to raise standards even further.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability and we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups.
Further details can be found on our website.
Closing date: Monday 5th October 2020 at 9.00 am
Interviews are likely to be held on: Monday 12th of October 2020
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All offers of appointment are conditional on the following:
• Enhanced DBS check
• Satisfactory completion of a Staff Disqualification Declaration form
• Confirmation that you are not subject to either a Prohibition Order or Interim Prohibition Order
• The receipt of at least 2 satisfactory references
• Verification of identity
• Verification of medical fitness
• Verification of qualifications
• Verification of QTS where required
• Verification that they are legally able to work in UK