School: West Raynham Church of England Primary Academy (DNEAT)
Location: Hollow Lane, West Raynham, Norfolk, NR21 7HH
Salary: Scale F point 22-25 (Teaching Assistant) Scale A point 6 (Midday Supervisor)
Type: Teaching Assistant 27.5 hours (5.5 hours per day) MSA 5 hours per week (1 per day)
Length: 1 year fixed term with a view become permanent thereafter.
Start Date: 2nd January 2019
Deadline: 12pm 14th December 2018 (Interviews Tuesday 18th December 2018)
Executive Head: Mr Christopher J Allen
West Raynham Church of England Primary Academy is a friendly village school which is part of the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT). It is part of the Unity Federation of Church of England Primary Academies along with Colkirk, Little Snoring and Sculthorpe Church of England Primary Academies, and was rated as a good school by OFSTED in November 2018. West Raynham is 10 minutes from Fakenham, 20 minutes from Kings Lynn and 40 minutes from Norwich.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience in working with children aged 4-7 years (NVQ2+ desired).
- Can follow plans and deliver learning to small groups under the direction of the teacher. Is able to plan and lead on two curriculum areas (2 afternoons)
- Is able to work as part of a small and friendly team.
- Is committed to their own professional development.
- Can work independently when needed, be creative and enthusiastic.
- Will promote Christian Values and uphold the Christian ethos of the academy and DNEAT.
We can offer you:
- A supportive, friendly working environment with excellent school mentoring and induction.
- Colleagues who work closely together.
- Children that are well-behaved, enthusiastic and polite.
- Full training and induction, including NVQs to develop your role further in the future.
The Teaching Assistant hours will be 5 hours per day 8.30am – 12pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm. The MSA role will fit around these hours and be 1 hour per day 12-1pm. You will get 30 minutes lunch break and a paid morning break each day.
If you are excited by this new challenge then please contact the school to have a look around and to be sent an application pack. This contains the detailed Job Description and Person Specification.
Unity Federation of Church of England Primary Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check will be required for the successful candidate and other procedures and checks will be followed.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations.