Higher Level Teaching Assistant (32.5 hrs p/week)
Salary Grade 5, SCP 18-22 (£24,982 - £27,041) FTE
Pro Rata = 78.16% of £24,982 = £19,525
Required for February 2021-Fixed Term 1 Year Initially
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed Learning Support Assistant to support staff in the education, supervision and care of the children in Coed-Y-Dderwen Primary School.
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills, be confident, reliable and flexible.
Candidates should be able to work as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Leader and Manager to:
1. Plan, prepare and deliver assigned programmes of teaching and learning activities to individuals, small groups and/or classes modifying and adapting activities as necessary.
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment
3. Liaise with staff and other relevant professionals and provide information about pupils as appropriate
4. Use teaching and learning objectives to plan, evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate within agreed systems of supervision
5. Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils’ learning
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
7. Develop and implement Individual Development Plans for pupils (such as Individual Educational Plans), including attendance at, and contribution to, reviews
8. Support the role of parents / carers in pupils’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents / carers to provide constructive feedback on pupil progress/achievement etc
9. Liaise with external agencies on a regular basis
10. Teaching Assistants at this level are expected to undertake at least one of the following:
a. Provide specialist support to pupils with learning, behavioral, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
b. Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
c. Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
d. Provide specialist support to all pupils in Welsh, English, Mathematics and I.C.T.
Teaching Assistants in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
1. Supervise or manage the work and development of other classroom support staff
2. Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources
3. Provide pastoral care to pupils for example as head of year or tutor group
4. Be responsible for pupils who are not working to the normal timetable
5. Invigilate exams and test.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing: Monday 7th December 2020
Shortlisting: Wednesday 9th December 2020
Group observations/Interviews: Week commencing Monday 14th December 2020
Ysgol Gynradd Coed y Dderwen is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.