OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world with 126 campuses across 20 countries.
We have a fantastic opportunity at our Kenley Campus for an experienced and interactive History Teacher on a full time, permanent basis. You will be adept at coaching our students to see and lead through challenges in their learning, so they make the best possible progress in each and every lesson.
• To ensure documented lesson plans are delivered to meet the outcomes as set out in the relevant OSGUK History curriculum and the relevant examination board specifications
• Ensure the Self-Directed Learning philosophy of the school is presented in an age-appropriate manner to all students
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and transform student attainment
• Use regular, measurable, and significant assessments to monitor progress and set targets
• To plan, implement and monitor schemes of work, lesson plans and student Self-Directed Learning assignments for History.
• Be familiar with all relevant Examination Board syllabus documents and the OSGUK History curriculum and ensure that they are followed and complied with
• To keep appropriate records of progress and attainment of students for use in planning and for reporting accordingly to parents
• Develop and maintain links with students, parents, colleagues and Campus Principal
• Working in conjunction with the Campus Principal to ensure best possible potential outcome for each individual student
• Have recent experience of teaching a range of classes from KS3-KS4
• Have sound knowledge of the National Curriculum for GCSE History and Exam Board specifications
• Have experience of providing appropriate support for SEN (Special Educational plans)
• Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), Degree educated and GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths
• Have good communication skills both written and verbal
• Ensure high standards are maintained, progressed and promoted in all areas of work
• To set an example of positive personal integrity and professionalism, with positive, appropriate and effective communications and relationships at all levels
• Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global UK ethos within all areas of responsibility
• Supportive staff, and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary (Outer London pay scales), Teachers Pension contributions and Staff Referral Scheme
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career- via our National Teacher Academy
Closing date for applications: Midday on Monday 4th July 2022
OneSchool Global UK is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.