HLTA - manager of Learning Support Team required for September 2022 start – full time, term time only permanent contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate who will work within the ALN team as a HLTA. The HLTA will complement the professional work of the ALNCO and Deputy ALNCO by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering activities for individuals/groups, monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils’ achievement, progress and development. The HLTA will also share responsibility with the Deputy ALNCO to oversee the management of other Learning Support Assistants, including allocation and monitoring of work, training and supporting professional development.
Bassaleg is a successful, thriving 11-18 mixed comprehensive school in which pupils have very positive attitudes towards their learning and are supported fully in all aspects of wellbeing. At Bassaleg we prioritise the development of outstanding learning and teaching alongside wellbeing; both lie at the very heart of our ethos. In an environment in which all members of the school community are cared for, valued and listened to, we support and challenge our students to aspire to be the very best that they can be; enabling them to be responsible, capable and ambitious citizens. We have the highest expectations of our pupils and staff; we are very proud of pupils’ attainment across all key stages and of the dynamic and supportive learning community we have created, as an ‘Innovation School’ for the new curriculum.
At an exciting time in Welsh Education, we pride ourselves on being able to provide an inspired, creative and ambitious curriculum for all of our learners. Anyone choosing to join our school community would be rewarded with extensive Professional Learning opportunities; our friendly team of highly skilled and enthusiastic staff are supported by motivated pupils and an active body of parents and Governors. 21st century schools’ money recently awarded to Bassaleg School will also result in significant improvement to our current facilities across a very large site in coming months; thus ensuring that our environment and resources fully reflect the innovation and creativity within our curriculum and dynamic pedagogical approaches.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
• are passionate about supporting ALN pupils with complex needs through the use of a wide range of tried and tested support strategies;
• are able to demonstrate a track record of generating and sustaining positive change and impact in pupils with significant complex needs through their use of appropriate support strategies;
• are excellent communicators with first-class interpersonal skills; are approachable on both a professional and personal level;
• are committed to a culture of continuous school improvement and who are actively engaged in current research as part of their own Professional Learning Journey;
• are able to demonstrate a good track record of motivating, empowering and inspiring colleagues in all aspects of ALN support and to encourage them to take relevant risks;
• are reflective; have the highest expectations of themselves and those around them;
• have a “can do” positive attitude towards innovation and change.
Please apply on line below and contact the Headteacher’s PA: Miss Amy Hortin should you have any questions about the post.
Bassaleg School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documents such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.