Somerdale is a single entry primary school that opened its doors to children for the first time in September 2017. We currently have six classes from pre-school to year four and each year the school will increase its age range, adding an additional year group until it is an all through primary school in 2022. In September 2021, we will also have a year 5 class. We are proud of our school with its rights respecting ethos and status and where there is a strong focus on teaching an exciting and enriching enquiry curriculum.
A career at ETAT schools:
Our school is part of a group of schools in the Educate Together Academy Trust which was established in 2014 and places inclusion at the heart of its thinking and seeks to ensure in its mission statement, that that ‘no child is an outsider.
If an equality-based education is vital to you, this is an exciting opportunity to join Educate Together and to develop outstanding practice as part of our school. All our schools operate under the following shared principles:
- Equality based – all children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds are equally respected.
- Co-Educational – all children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities.
- Child – centred – we always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare, then why do it?
- Democratically run – we encourage active participation of parents, children, and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers.
To join our teaching and learning team, we are now looking for a confident HLTA with experience to join our school to support the learning for our children This role will involve teaching whole classes to provide PPA support for our teachers as well as supporting children’s learning in our classrooms.
As part of our energetic, hardworking, and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success whilst supporting the development of a healthy learning environment for all children within the school. We would need you to be flexible and happy to work in any year group and it is important to us that our teaching assistants understand the value of play and personal development. Experience and training of working with children with additional needs would be beneficial as you will be working with the support of class teachers and the SENDCo.
Our ideal HLTA will:
- Have the passion and skills to work with KS1 and KS2 children
- A personality that will engage children in their learning and develop positive relationships
- Someone who thrives on challenge and making a difference to children’s lives
- Someone who is committed to collaborative working and living our values very day
- have experience of working with children with specific needs and knowledge of children with complex needs
- Have experience of supporting and leading individuals and small groups
- Can use their own initiative
- Committed to working with parents, carers, and the wider community
Why work at Somerdale ET
We can offer you:
- A high quality, friendly team who are passionate about working and learning with children.
- A forward thinking, creative school that prides itself in supporting and encouraging professional development to ensure you are successful and continue to grow as an educator.
- A chance to work in an inclusive, vibrant, and supportive community
- A supportive senior management team and wider staff body within the ETAT Schools
This is a permanent post term time only working Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm, with an additional hour until 4.30pm, 1 day a week.
The salary is ETAT grade D which is £22,484 pro rata. The actual salary for 33.5 hours is £17,565.
Closing Date: 21st May 2021 at 9am
Interviews: Wk beginning 7th June 2021
Somerdale Educate Together Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.