Grade & Scale point: 8, Scp 25-28
Salary: £29,577 - £32,234 Full time equiv., £25,113 - £27,369 Actual salary
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:15pm with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Contract: Permanent, Term-time only (195 days/year)
Start date: January 2022
Clifton Primary is an exciting inner-city school that provides a first-class educational experience to all children. We are a diverse and inclusive school, valuing and celebrating individuality and differences. We believe that education is about the whole child and our ultimate aim is that children leave Clifton ready for the next stage of their education and their lives.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant who has experience of working within primary/special school settings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated HLTA who is an effective classroom practitioner. Ideally, they will be a dynamic and highly motivated team player who is ready for the next stage in their career. With a proven track record of supporting and enhancing the quality of teaching and improving outcomes for pupils, they will be an excellent role model for staff and children.
- Deliver learning activities to pupils within agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs
- Plan challenging teaching and learning objectives to evaluate and adjust lessons/work plans as appropriate
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education / Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- HLTA status (or QTS)
- Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
- Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
- A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
- Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
- Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
- A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
- Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
If you would like the opportunity to work with wonderful children in one of the city’s most diverse schools, then we would love to hear from you.
Tours of the school are highly recommended and available by appointment via the school office.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please download the Application Form attached and save to your desktop. Once complete, please upload via the 'Upload application' button below and submit via the 'Submit Application' button. You may also attach a Cover letter/supporting statement if you wish.
Once you have clicked on 'Submit Application', your application document(s) will be sent directly to the School.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Wednesday 15 December 2021
Interviews: 6 January 2022
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact Carla Varley, HR Administrator, at Clifton Primary School.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.