About us and the role
We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled individual to take on the role of Secondary HLTA. The successful candidate will have a passion for helping children achieve their full potential in a team which values creativity, innovation and commitment, focusing on enabling children to learn well in engaging ways.
If you are an excellent practitioner with the ability to inspire and motivate students and the dedication to providing the best for each young person we would like to hear from you.
Avanti Fields School is a faith designated (Hindu) state school looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to fulfil the role of HLTA. You will be well supported by colleagues in all aspects of your professional development.
The staff at Avanti Fields School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
- Educational excellence
- Character formation
- Spiritual insight
Why should you apply
- You will be working in a fantastic environment.
- Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
What will you do?
- To support working relationship with the pupils, acting as role model and setting high expectations.
- To support pupils with special educational needs through the delivery of specific learning programmes to contribute to setting individual education plan (IEHCP) targets and to reviews.
- To monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities and note their progress towards targets.
- To advance learning when working with individuals, small groups and whole classes without the presence of the assigned Teacher.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals in liaison with the teacher to support the achievement and progress of pupils.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
What are we looking for?
- HLTA status or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience of working with children with additional learning needs
- Able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with colleagues
- An understanding of classroom roles and responsibilities.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults to build and maintain effective relationships.
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Avanti Fields School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children andyoung people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.