Required From: September 2022
Contract: Temporary contract until July 2023 (15 hours)
Salary: M1-9 (£12.47 to £14.48) depending on experience
Wroughton Infant School is a large, three-form entry Infant School which is part of Grove Learning Trust. At Wroughton Infants we are ‘Proud to Belong’ and this is shown through all aspects of the school. At Wroughton Infants we work to ensure that no child is left behind and aim to ensure the children have the best education and experiences.
We are looking for a HLTA who is highly motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching and learning to join our very professional and supportive team. The role is temporary for one year, with the hope to look at extending contract.
The successful applicant will:
- Teach whole classes as part of PPA and leadership release provision and provide short-term cover within any age group in response to teacher absence.
- Follow teachers lesson plans to deliver quality teaching and learning within lessons.
- Lead interventions and tutoring sessions planned by the teacher.
- Prepare, organise and safely manage the appropriate learning environment and resources.
- Motivate and progress all pupils’ learning following school policies and guidance from class teachers
- Provide verbal and written feedback on lesson content, pupil responses to learning activities and pupil behaviour, to teachers and pupils in line with school policy.
- Use positive behaviour management strategies in line with the school’s policy and procedures to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures relating to safeguarding.
- When teaching whole classes, if available, deploy teaching assistants confidently and effectively to best support the academic and behavioural needs of pupils in the class or group
- Have strong organisational skills and manage time effectively.
- Communicate and work effectively with colleagues, parents and children.
- Need to work flexibly around the school.
We can offer:
- A dedicated, committed staff team, who puts the children at the heart of everything they do.
- A welcoming and happy place to work.
- Enthusiastic children what are eager to learn.
- A supportive senior leadership team.
- Support from HLTAs already working in school.
- Coaching/ peer support and professional development.
All candidates are strongly encouraged to visit us. During these visits, we will be able to explain more about our vision, the journey we are on as well as answer any questions you might have.
Please visit our website to learn more about our school and feel free to contact Clare Keeping, our Infant Head of School, if you have any questions are if you would like to arrange a visit.
The job description and person specification are available in our recruitment pack.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 13th July 2022
Proposed Interview date: week commencing 18th July 2022
Application should be via the Swindon Borough Council application form and should include a personal statement in the appropriate section (up to 2 A4 pages) outlining your experience and skills and describing your suitability for the role.
Wroughton Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, it is imperative that you provide all relevant information requested in order to meet this commitment. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check, and proof of the Right to Work in the UK (this will be required at the time of interview).
Wroughton Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.