Early Years and Key Stage 1 HLTA
HLTA S01 £26,999 - £28,785 pro rata
(salary dependent on experience and qualifications)
Hours per week:
HLTA 32.5 hrs per week term time only.
Start date: ASAP
We are seeking to appoint an effective Higher Level Teaching Assistant with recent and relevant KS1 experience to join our friendly, caring and hard-working team to support children predominantly in Early Years and Key Stage 1. The successful candidate will be a team worker. They will need to be flexible, focused and have a good sense of humour. If you think you possess these qualities, please apply!
Newlaithes will offer:
• Delightful, lively and engaged children
• An industrious school with a drive for consistently improving standards
• A welcoming and friendly community of committed and supportive staff and governors
• A commitment to CPD
• A supportive and friendly environment
• The opportunity to model and share good practice
The candidate will:
• Hold a HLTA qualification or currently be undertaking HLTA training
• Have high expectations of themselves, the people they work with and the children they support
• Be committed to driving forward pupil progress and achievement
• Demonstrate effective behaviour for learning techniques
• Be well organised and able to work well both as part of a team and independently
• Be cheerful with a positive, 'can-do' attitude
• Be able to demonstrate very good interpersonal and communication skills
Horsforth Newlaithes is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate (DBS).
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Further details are available on request. Applications can be obtained via the school office from Catherine Ellis, the School Business Manager
Closing date: 12pm Wednesday 7th October 2020
Interviews to take place on: w/c 12th October 2020
Horsforth Newlaithes Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.