Contract: Part Time, initially a Fixed Term Contract until August 2022
Hours: 35 hrs per week, 45 weeks per year (term time plus one week)
Salary: Proposed salary - £20,858.93 per annum (FTE £25,481.00)
Closing date: 5 July 2021
Start: September 2021
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
The Thomas Deacon Academy that we know today opened in 2007 as one of the UK’s first and largest academies. Whilst a building does not make a school, it is worth noting that Thomas Deacon Academy was designed by Norman Foster and Partners and in addition to our impressive main academy our beautiful 43-acre campus includes TDA Juniors - a modern, light and purpose-built Key Stage 2 facility - and expansive playing fields and sporting facilities.
In September 2018, a new extension to the existing main building led to new accommodation being created for a sixth form study centre, refectory expansion and staff professional learning centre.
Moving forward, our core purpose for the Academy is: “To ensure that each student acquires the necessary knowledge, skills and character to make a positive contribution to society and ‘thrive’ as a global citizen.”
The Academy’s core purpose is supported by our six pillars of character which provide the foundations for our TDA Way. Our character values are: Curiosity, Commitment, Courage, Compassion, Confidence and Courtesy.
In September 2019, TDA received a very positive Ofsted report, judging the academy to be Good overall. Ofsted commented favourably, amongst other things, on the overall leadership of the academy, good teaching, positive relationships between staff and students and students’ behaviour. The Sixth Form was graded as ‘Good’ and recognised as a strength of the Academy. These aspects of the academy have been maintained alongside the identified areas for development being addressed.
We are to appoint a Higher-Level Teaching Assistant for Science to join us at Thomas Deacon Academy. The role will initially be a Fixed Term Contract for one year until 31st August 2022.
The successful candidate would have the ability to take the lead to effectively promote, safeguard and be ultimately responsible and accountable for the achievement, behaviour, safety, enjoyment and progress of students in identified intervention groups and those who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. This role will involve working under the direction of the Assistant Principal – SENDCo.
They will be able to monitor the progress of students in intervention groups and contribute to the planning and preparation of learning activities. The successful candidate will be confident in undertaking comprehensive assessments of students and providing feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement.
• Be passionate and dynamic about young people’s learning.
• Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
• Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Thomas Deacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.