Reigate Priory is a school where learning is truly brought to life, both inside and out. Housed in a beautiful building in the grounds of Priory Park, our school offers a vibrant setting to engage young learners and their staff.
We believe in a community that has a love of learning and life. We aim to foster a sense of pride in everything we do, aspiring to make school an unforgettable, positive experience, with every child and staff member gaining the maximum possible benefit from their time with us.
This position is whole school based, working under the direction of the Deputy Headteacher to deliver learning when teachers are absent or engaged in PPA. It provides the perfect opportunity for a new career step or further professional development, surrounded by a high quality and friendly staff, not only in the setting of the school itself, but also in Reigate Priory's role as a Teaching School and member of the South East Surrey Teaching School Alliance (SESTA).
It is open to those who already hold HLTA status and those who don’t as support to acquire HLTA status would be available to the right candidate.
The normal weekly hours will be 36 served over a total of 39 weeks per year, term time plus 5 INSET days. The FTE salary is £21,563, Pro rata £18,382. Part Time hours will also be considered for the right candidate.
We can offer you:
- Inquisitive learners who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- An innovative and enjoyable learning environment
- A friendly and sociable staff who are keen to share expertise and good practice
- Supportive families and an active FSA
- Opportunities to be involved in many Outdoor Learning and extra-curricular experiences locally, nationally and internationally
We are looking for an effective Higher Level Teaching Assistant who:
- Has a passion and strong commitment to children's learning, safety and well-being
- Has high standards and expectations of themselves and learners - Is evaluative, striving to improve and develop their practice and that of others
- Is able to deliver lessons in an engaging manner across Key Stage 2 under the direction of a class teacher
- Thrives as part of a team and is willing to contribute to the wider life and success of the school.
Closing date: 11th January 2019
Interviews will be confirmed on application. Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the Headteacher's PA, Mrs D Rogers, if you would like to make an appointment.
Reigate Priory is an equal opportunities employer as befits a school where celebrating diversity has recently been judged to be a strength of the curriculum. We welcome applications from enthusiastic, talented professionals regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Thank you for taking an interest in this position.
Reigate Priory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS check.