HLTA - with focus on Inclusion
We are looking to recruit an experienced, enthusiastic and flexible HLTA with a focus on Inclusion.
Following the retirement of a highly valued colleague, Stanley Park Junior School has a vacancy for an experienced, enthusiastic and flexible HLTA with a focus on Inclusion. The primary role will be working across the whole school with individual pupils, groups of children, staff, senior leaders, parents and other outside agencies in supporting children with pastoral, behavioural and emotional needs and sustaining the inclusion of vulnerable children. The role will be extremely varied and therefore flexibility is key.
This job is for 32.5 hours a week, term time only.
Hours worked will be:
- 8.30-3.30pm x 3 days a week
- 8.30am-4pm x 2 days a week
Salary will be paid at either Scale 5/6 depending on qualifications and experience. (Pro-rata to £24,030 - £28,215 pay award pending)
The successful applicant will:
- Work as a class based Senior Teaching Assistant for minimum of 15 hours a week.
- Cover classes during PPA and short term absences.
- Take the lead in supporting ELSA provision in the school with the support of the SENDCo.
- Work with pupils and staff across the school to reinforce positive behaviour management strategies both in class and at break/lunchtimes.
- Work to develop positive relationships with parents and all members of the school community.
- Work with external professionals in the best interests of pupils, implementing their advice, and working in a collaborative way to improve outcomes for pupils.
- Design and implement a range of interventions.
SPJS is unique for its supportive, nurturing atmosphere where all staff work collaboratively to ensure that our children get the best possible experience whilst at our school. We are a Foundation School in the London Borough of Sutton and were rated 'Good' in our last Ofsted in April 2018. We are a successful, caring, and happy school that prides itself on a strong and stable staff team.
The successful applicant will hold an HLTA qualification or above and will have experience of successfully working with a wide range of teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning. They will have good communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults. They will be flexible, resourceful and able to show initiative. They will need to have a commitment to the happiness, well-being and progress of everyone at the school and a sense of pride in all that they do.
Closing date for applications is noon on Monday 12th July 2021. However, this advert may close early if enough suitable applications are received before this date.
If you would like a socially distanced tour of the school or would like to find out more, please contact Amanda Lamy, Headteacher via the school office.
Stanley Park Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to reference checks, permission to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service). Stanley Park Junior School aims to be an equal opportunities employer and to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.