Are you an experienced, dynamic and collaborative leader who want to work with exceptionally talented people in a faith-based environment?
Our American curriculum school, American School of Creative Science in Sharjah is looking for a creative, passionate and outstanding HOD - English who value professional development opportunities and a good work-life balance.
Start Date: August 2021
The Head of Department is a leader of learning. The major responsibility is to ensure the highest the highest quality of student learning in their areas.
To serve as a Head of English, co-ordinate and be responsible for all relevant subject teachers, ensuring they utilize detailed and structured planning and schemes of work, implement a broad range of strategies, differentiated work and materials to match the range of ability in classes.
Ensure that 100% of the students make progress towards the curriculum standards
ensure to maximize the curriculum coverage with effective scope and sequence
Ensure to support improved performance for external benchmarking tests; review of the curriculum to include learning statements from MAP, CAT4 and TIMSS.
Ensure that there are sufficient opportunities for all students to showcase their abilities through curricular and extra-curricular activities promoting a broader 'curriculum' that enables students to develop a great range of skills and talents.
- Bachelor’s Degree specializing in English Literature
- Minimum five years teaching experience using the US Common Core Curriculum
- Experienced as Head/Lead of English Department
- Must have experience of Data Disaggregation, Analysis and Differentiation for Students
- Native English Speaker preferred.
- Must have 5 years IKHTAR as English Teacher (applicable to UAE candidates)
- IELTS with min score of 7.5 in academic level.
- Knowledge of US Common Core Curriculum Standards
- Knowledge of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Must have experience in NEASC inspection.
BEAM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.