Reports to: Programme Coordinator (Local Authority Contracts)
Location: Hammersmith, West London
Salary/Pay: £100/day [for support staff, £60/day]
Hours: 8:30am – 3:30pm
This role is a casual role. We run 10-11 holiday camps in Hammersmith, West London each academic year. You won’t need to do every camp but to give you an idea of key dates, please see below:
Week 1: Monday 25th July – Friday 29th July 2022
Week 2: Monday 1st August - Friday 5th August 2022
Week 3: Monday 8th August - Friday 12th August 2022
Week 4: Monday 15th August – Friday 19th August 2022
Week 5: Monday 22nd August – Friday 26th August 2022
October Half Term
Monday 24th October to Friday 28th October 2022
Monday 19th December 2022 – Friday 23rd December 2022
February Half Term
Monday 13th February - Friday 17th February 2023
Week 1: Monday 3rd April – Thursday 6th April
Week 2: Tuesday 10th April - Friday 14th April 2023
May Half Term
Tuesday 30th May - Friday 2nd June 2023
Week 1: Monday 31st July – Friday 4th August 2023
Week 2: Monday 7th - Friday 11th August 2023
Week 3: Monday 14th - Friday 18th August 2023
Week 4: Monday 21st – Friday 25th August 2023
Week 5: Monday 28th – Friday 1st September 2023
This role will sit in LMP Action, our Community Interest Company. We are set up specifically to support young people broaden their horizons. We are a social impact organisation that specialises in supporting those from lower socio-economic backgrounds into sustainable, post-16 destinations.
We are currently recruiting for NQTs and/or Qualified Teachers to help us with our inspiring Holiday Activity Programme. The role is to support young people who attend our local holiday camps in West London. We are keen to develop a suite of good delivery staff who can engage young people (aged 8-16) and take part in fun activities.
Each programme is usually one-week long, taking place during the major school holidays in the UK (see table of days below). LMP Action’s enrichment activities promote social development, physical/mental wellbeing, self-esteem/confidence and simply having fun.
- Delivery of an engaging and meaningful enrichment programme during the holidays
- Teaching and facilitating activities. You may also oversee a group (up to 20 children and young people)
- Confident planning interactive and engaging lessons
- Delivery of team-building games, fun activities and arts and crafts
- Delivery of sports and outdoor games should your skills set allow
- Monitoring and reporting on individual progress/needs
- Maintaining a great atmosphere, working well with others and ensure effective safeguarding of young people
- Attending a mandatory training session ahead of camp delivery (virtual). Whilst on camp, attending daily pre-camp and post-camp briefings.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS or a Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
- Effectively differentiate schemes of work, so all pupils reach their full potential
- Relevant experience at delivery of facilitating activities and/or workshops
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and motivated
- A passion for teaching and developing young people
- Good ICT skills.
The post holder must maintain the confidentiality of information about clients, staff and other LMP stakeholders. Some work is of a confidential nature and information gained must not be communicated to other persons except in the recognised course of duty. The post holder must always meet the requirements of the General Data Regulation Act.
Your work environment for the nature of this role is based at various schools in Hammersmith, West London. We offer work based on a manageable commute to each location.
Safeguarding, Prevent & Equal Opportunities
The LMP Group are committed to anti-discrimination and equal opportunities for all. We are equally committed to Safer Recruitment Policies, Safeguarding, the Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. To achieve our commitment, we will ensure continuous development and improvement of robust safeguarding processes and procedures that promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our staff and volunteers.
Let Me Play Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.