NJC Scale 6-10 pro-rata (£19,171-£20,751 FTE)
Required for 35 hrs/week Term-Time Only (38 weeks)
To start as soon as possible.
The Governors of Stanwell School wish to appoint a Home-School Attendance Officer to start as soon as possible. The post is fixed term to 31st August 2020. The post holder will be required to work 35 hours per week term-time only not including INSET days (38 weeks). This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to make a valuable contribution to the School by improving school attendance and thereby raising achievement.
This post will involve:
• Advising the School on strategies to promote the regular and punctual attendance of all pupils and assisting with the implementation of the strategies.
• Liaising with external agencies such as the Education Welfare Service.
• Acting as a link between school, pupils and their parents in order to improve attendance.
• Working directly and preventatively with pupils and their families to provide help and early intervention including making home visits.
You will have:
• Experience of working with children and families, preferably in an educational or community setting.
• A commitment to helping children and their families to achieve good outcomes.
• The ability to show initiative and adapt to the needs of the role.
• A valid driving licence and access to a car.
Further details about our school can be found on our school website. If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding this post or would like to arrange to come and visit us to see our school in action, please contact Mrs Sarah Pratt, Headteacher’s PA, to arrange this.
To apply for this post:
Please complete the application form and return it to Mrs Pratt at Stanwell School via e-mail or post by the closing date.
Applications close at 9am on Monday, 10th June 2019.
Shortlisting will take place shortly thereafter.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 16th June 2019.
Stanwell School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The advertised post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.