HOME SCHOOL LINK WORKER
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE:
The Warwick School is an ambitious, forward thinking 11 to 16 school, serving the Redhill area.
We are seeking to appoint a Home School Link Worker to improve school attendance and engagement through the effective working with students, their families, pastoral support teams and other agencies.
WHY CHOOSE US:
The school is a member of the South East Surrey Schools Education Trust, which is a partnership of The Ashcombe, Therfield and The Warwick Schools; each being successful, inclusive schools committed to work in collaboration for the benefit of their distinctive communities and those children and young people whom they serve. The school offers outstanding continuing professional development for its staff and the Trust will offer a range of opportunities for the right candidate to develop their practice and demonstrate their potential for promotion.
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
• Courteous pupils and staff.
• Pension Scheme.
• Onsite parking.
• Free access to employee assistance programme.
• Employee benefits such as retail discounts
• At least 2 years’ experience of attendance officer or safeguarding lead in a secondary school setting
• Have experience of leadership within a school setting
• Have experience of effecting innovative practice within a school
• Understand the emotional and organisational demands expected of students of different ages in order to inform the planning and delivery of students’ school experience
• Understand what constitutes effective and efficient tracking, monitoring and assessment, and translate that into practical strategies
• Have a full working knowledge of current, relevant legislation, codes of practice and policies at a national and local authority level
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at pass or grade c and above
• First Aid
• Level 3 Safeguarding
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
The Warwick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The Warwick School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring checks along with other relevant employment checks