St Mary’s Primary School is a large, two form entry school with Nursery in Byfleet, Surrey. Applications are invited from motivated, caring and enthusiastic applicants to provide pastoral wellbeing support for families within our caring school. This is a permanent contract.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Home School Link Worker to work across the school (Foundation/KS1/KS2). This role will develop and support effective practice for children and their families, some of which will have a wide range of social and emotional needs or special educational needs. You will be a vital link between home and school. This individual must be able to work with families and the school to provide early intervention, signposting, supporting and guiding, particularly in times of challenge to ensure that our children are nurtured and thrive. This individual will work closely with the Headteacher, Assistant Headteachers, SENCo and ELSA and outside agencies to assist with parenting support programmes. The Home School Link Worker will have a key role in delivering these programmes in school.
The hours of work will be 17.5 hours minimum per week, days to be negotiated.
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
• An active listener for families.
• High expectations of self and others.
• Supportive to parents and families of pupils
• Proactive in supporting the ELSA and pupils personal social and emotional needs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Warm and welcoming presence.
Keen to contribute to all areas of school life and strive for the best outcome for their pupils.
• Good interpersonal skills.
We can offer:-
• An inclusive environment where every child matters.
• Supportive and committed staff team.
• Children who are enthusiastic about learning.
• Good training and professional development opportunities.
• A pleasant school environment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Sarah O’Rourke to make an appointment.
Closing Date: Thursday 27th February 2020 @ 9.00am
Short Listing: Thursday 27th February 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 4th March 2020 (time tbc)
St Mary’s C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of our children, young people and venerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance, qualification checks and references. Please see attached privacy notice for job applicants.