£19,362 - £29,018 (unqualified) / £26,245 - £38,173 (qualified) FTE
+ St Joseph’s allowance of £2,270 (FTE) & £1,000 Retention Bonus**
Part time considered for right candidate
Can you inspire our students to grow a love of horticulture?
We are looking for a Horticulture Teacher to lead and inspire our students to learn practical gardening skills which they can take forward into their lives beyond St Joseph’s. We have a beautiful horticulture area which is well resourced and loved by our students. Our students take the RHS Level 1 Introduction to Horticulture qualification and Horticulture OCR qualifications which gives them a huge sense of achievement. Ideally you should have experience of SEN students and strategies, a Level 2 or above in a horticulture qualification and an Assessors Qualification (though we will pay and support you to achieve this if you don’t have one already). You will be encouraged and supported to further develop your skills and knowledge by undertaking regular CPD opportunities.
St Joseph’s is a registered charitable trust comprising specialist school, college and registered children’s home working with vulnerable children and young people with complex needs and two supported living houses for young adults. Our 70+ students are aged 5 to 19 years old with complex learning disabilities and severe social communication and behavioural issues, many with autism.
This is an excellent opportunity if you are approachable and professional with empathy and understanding for the needs of our students. If you are recruited, you will be required to complete Team Teach positive behaviour support training as part of your induction before employment. Physical and mental resilience are essential qualities in all our employees.
Why St Joseph’s?
• We have a beautiful 23 acre site in Cranleigh, on the edge of the Surrey Hills, one mile from the village
• Delicious and healthy free hot lunches are provided to all during term time
• You will enjoy future use of our Enterprise Centre café
• **£1,000 Retention bonus - £250 after 1 month, £250 after 1 year, £500 after 18 months at Trust
• Have opportunities to attend whole Trust events
• Access ample free car parking
• Have consistent 1:1 line manager support and opportunity for personal development
• Be provided with an Employee Assistance Programme (confidential, professional wellbeing and counselling 24/7 service for yourself and your family)
• Gain Mental Health and Wellbeing support through a team of on-site qualified Adult Mental Health First Aiders
• Complete on-site Team Teach training with our specialist Inclusion Team, refreshed every 2 years
• Get discount on gym, swim and classes at Cranleigh Leisure Centre
• Access a full induction programme
Your own transport is desirable due to the rural location of the Trust however, we are very close to the village centre and a 20 minute walk from bus stops providing buses from Horsham, Godalming and Guildford. By joining St Joseph’s you become a key worker.
How to apply
CVs may be submitted for consideration in the first instance but, per safer recruitment guidelines, only applications made on the St Joseph’s Specialist Trust application form will be considered for shortlisting and interview. Our Director of Education will be happy to discuss the role with prospective candidates.
For an application pack please visit us our website. Closing date for receipt of completed application forms (including full employment history) is Friday July 8th at 9am. Interviews on site, including teaching a prepared lesson with our students, will be before the end of term.
Please note that we do not sponsor applicants to relocate from overseas or convert student or graduate visas to full work visas.