£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Under the direction of the Dean of Higher Education, you will contribute to the effective delivery of Study Support and / or mentoring to Higher Education students in receipt of DSA funding at the Sparsholt campus.
In this role you will identify support needs, interpret diagnostic assessments and provide and monitor appropriate study support and mentoring for individual students liaising with Course tutors and other colleagues as appropriate.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrative experience of working in a student support role in an educational setting.
- Appropriate academic or professional qualification to meet current Department for Education’s ‘Mandatory Qualifications and Professional Body Membership requirements to deliver DSA’s fundable NMH roles’ for any of the following;
o Specialist Study Skills,
o ASC Study Skills
o ASC Mentoring
o MH Mentoring
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
We are looking for sessional (hourly paid) staff who can support the team. The work could be completed remotely or on-site at the Sparsholt campus between 9.00am and 5.00pm on weekdays. We would like to hear from you if you would like to undertake a small number of hours or up to 3 days per week. Please complete the availability pro-forma to indicate the number of hours and times slots that you could work, and submit with your completed application form or alternatively outline your preferred hours and working pattern in your application form.
Closing date: 26 October 2020
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Gym classes on the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.