Hourly Paid Lecturer in Accounting AAT
Salary: £21.08 per hour
(Some teaching delivery may include evening work)
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
Based in our Faculty of Professional Studies, we are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach Accounting on our AAT programmes (up to level 4). As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will have relevant experience and ideally will be fully qualified with CIMA, CiPFA, ACCA or equivalent or as a minimum will be part qualified along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as the Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS) or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Accounting on AAT programmes (level 2 and level 3 with a possibility of level 4).
- to play a full part in the organisational and developmental work of the Department
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has appropriate Accountancy qualifications to level 7 and relevant industrial experience.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
- The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
How to apply
To apply for the role of Hourly Paid Lecturer in Accounting AAT, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 31st October 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to Enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Teachers' Pension Scheme, Excellent Training and Development Opportunities, 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure)
Newcastle-under-Lyme College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.