Job Title: Hourly Paid Teacher – ACCA
Salary: £31.61 - £34.52 per hour of teaching
Responsible to: Business Delivery Manager
Line management of other staff: No
Hours: 0 - 9 hours per week
Regulated activity: No
The Faculty of Business and Services delivers a wide range of FE and HE courses and a vacancy has arisen for an innovative and enthusiastic Hourly Paid Teacher in ACCA. The suitable candidate must have relevant industry experience, an accountancy qualification at Chartered Status.
The right applicant will be flexible, with a positive attitude, and have the ability to communicate effectively with learners, colleagues and management, both internally and externally.
1. To prepare appropriate teaching material.
2. To carry out teaching appropriate to the requirements of individual courses and students.
3. To maintain appropriate student attendance records as required.
4. To maintain student discipline.
5. To set, mark, record and return relevant coursework and assessments.
6. To attend, as required, up to 3 meetings a year as specified by the Business Delivery Manager. They may include parents’ evenings, course review meetings and curriculum development meetings.
7. To take part in the College’s appraisal scheme and staff development programme as appropriate.
8. To refer to the appropriate full-time lecturer (Course Tutor, Personal Tutor, Programme Manager) student progress as required and any incident or behaviour which may require further investigation, support or counselling.
9. To work to promote and apply the College’s Equality & Diversity policy and practices.
10. Work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding policy and practices.
11. To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.
This job description is a guide to the duties the postholder will be expected to undertake. It is not intended to be exhaustive or exclusive and will be subject to change as working requirements dictate and to meet the organisational requirements of Colchester Institute.
Colchester Institute is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All roles are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Please contact Human Resources for further information if required.
Colchester Institute is committed to the rights of learners within all its learning locations; it is committed to promoting their welfare, protecting their physical and psychological well-being and safeguarding them from all forms of abuse. The College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy aims to ensure that all learners attending the College do so in a safe and secure environment. Colchester Institute expects all staff to share this commitment. For more information on the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy, please, contact the Student Services department at the College.