Future Academies is seeking a knowledgeable HR Business Partner to support their Hertfordshire schools and offer support to Office Managers.
You will be responsible for participating in the provision of a fully integrated HR service across the schools and central office team. You will work with Trust and School leadership teams, advising on complex cases and taking full case management responsibility as required.
Your main duties will include:
• Coaching, supporting and challenging Managers in the application of HR policies and practices in order to minimise risks and promote a positive culture
• Providing knowledge based guidance in the management of complex ER, change and contract queries
• Liaising with Academy Office Managers/HR Administrators for any HR queries, including contracts, terms and conditions, payroll, HR policies and entitlements, escalating to the Head of HR where necessary
• Reviewing staffing structures, job roles and contractual arrangements that best meet the changing needs of the Academy
• Managing change so that legal, contractual and trade union issues balance with practical considerations
• Contributing to the management of organisational change, including where appropriate, the management of TUPE transfers, both inwards and outwards
WHO WE ARE
Future Academies is a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in and around London and Hertfordshire. We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality. Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum; our school motto is Libertas per cultum (Freedom through education), and in our strong emphasis on raising young people’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects. Our children and young people study a bespoke curriculum developed by researchers at our Curriculum Centre, which places a focus on developing their cultural literacy and their awareness of the forces, words and events that have shaped our society today.
WHO YOU ARE
You will be an experienced and efficient HR Business Partner, with aspirations of developing your career within the education sector, whether in a child-centric role or otherwise.
As the successful applicant, you will have/be:
• Experience of supporting and advising on a wide range of employment and people management practices within a multi-site environment
• CIPD Level 5 qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience of change management/ restructures/TUPE transfers
• Experience of developing and implementing new policies and procedures
• Strong and up-to-date knowledge of employment law with the ability to apply employment law concepts in a flexible but compliant way
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach: our teachers can therefore make a dramatic impact on the lives of these children.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with supportive leadership teams, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the post of HR Business Partner at Future Academies, please complete the attached application form no later than 9am on Friday 18th December 2020.
Alternatively, if this role is not quite what you are looking for, feel free to browse through our Trust wide vacancies and register your details to our Talent Pool which can both be found on our website under “Current Vacancies”.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.