Flying High Partnership are looking to appoint a highly skilled HR professional, who through deep working relationships with an allocated group of 15- 20 schools will support in all aspects of HR. You will joining an exceptional HR team and form part of our central team, all working together relentless in our pursuit of excellence and our mission to make every day count for every child.
Flying High Partnership consists of two distinct parts: Flying High Trust and Flying High Futures. Flying High Trust is a Multi Academy Trust of 30 primary schools across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Nottingham City. Our Flying High family work hard to deliver the best possible opportunities to our children. Through this partnership we are proud of our achievements and are recognised as one of the highest performing Multi Academy Trusts (MAT) in the country. Flying High Futures provides professional learning internally for staff across the Trust, and externally through Department for Education national programmes. Forming part of Flying High Futures is the Flying High Teaching School Hub, Flying High English Hub, and the Flying High cohort of Inspiring Leaders teacher training.
We are looking for someone who is excited to be a part of this partnership, with the experience, skills and ethos to provide support and challenge in all aspects of HR. As HR Business partner you will have full support to fulfil and develop in this role, contributing to both your allocated schools and the service and strategy as a whole.
Your core duties will be:
• Partner with Head Teachers, senior leaders and line managers to support the undertaking of effective people management practices; maintaining regular contact with key stakeholders and attending core visits to schools as and when required.
• Provide robust and effective case management support in accordance with Trust HR policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation, always maintaining confidentiality and high professional standards.
• Provide advice on the handling of employee relations issues and proactive HR support to key stakeholders across the organisation.
• Support change management activities across the organisation including restructures and TUPE.
• Lead and support strategically focussed HR project work across the organisation.
• Be a supportive member of the HR Team and act as a coach and mentor where required.
We can offer you:
• A fantastic working environment, in a team that works together for the benefit of children in our schools
• The support of the CEO and DCEO to develop a forward-thinking HR service that provides the very best for staff across Flying High.
• The opportunity to form part of our central team, working in close collaboration with our Education, Finance and Operations team, to ensure that collectively we deliver the best for our schools.
• The full support to access comprehensive Continuous Professional Learning to enable your development.
• The opportunity to grow into the role, fulfilling leadership responsibilities in line with your strengths and experience.
• The potential for future progression within Flying High.
• The opportunity for flexible and hybrid working and a generous holiday entitlement.
• Pensions scheme with generous employer contributions.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is a highly skilled and experienced HR professional.
• An understanding of HR within education.
• Is passionate about education and impacting on the lives of children.
• An exceptional verbal and written communicator.
• Exceptionally skilled in building strong and trusting relationships.
• Able to provide support and challenge to school leaders.
• A strong problem solver.
• Able to collate and analyse data to inform support and challenge for schools
• A team player, who can build a relationship within the HR team and across the whole central team.
• Ability to manage and prioritise workload, managing the expectations of stakeholders.
• Someone who is determined to ensure that every child receives the very best and an unwillingness to compromise on these exceptions.
• Enthusiasm, energy, integrity, and professionalism.
• Has an eye for detail.
• Is willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in, with a willingness to take the tough decisions when required.
Closing Date: Monday, 04 July 2022 at 9:00am
Interview will be held on: Tuesday, 12 July 2022
Potential Start Date: September 2022
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.