Part time + Flexible working + Fixed term contract + Suited to a HR Advisor looking for progression
Are you an experienced and qualified HR professional/advisor looking for the next step in your career? If so, this fixed term maternity cover position could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Our Banbury and Didcot cluster of primary schools are seeking to recruit a HR professional for a fixed term basis. They will have the accountability for providing advice, coaching and support to school leaders, and line managing two People Administrators who are based within the schools. In addition, you will oversee a variety of casework, disciplinary, capability, grievance, restructuring and other HR related matters. You will also be involved in development project work and the delivery of training.
As part of the people team you will have the opportunity:
- to work as part of a respected People function closely aligned to school improvement
- to further develop your People skills and expertise
- to experience a uniquely varied role allowing you to work with a number of different schools
- to contribute to the success of an innovative, forward thinking family of schools
- to shape and develop the People Administrators within your region to support the delivery of a dynamic and aspirational People Strategy.
As a member of our People Team you will be able to choose where you work, where the demands of the role allow. For some, you may wish to continue working from home, whilst others may be keen to return to an office based role or to split your time between the two.
Consisting of six primary schools, the Didcot/Banbury cluster has a collaborative approach towards working; this means the schools can work closely together to provide an outstanding educational experience to the local communities.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone:
- Who has a minimum of level 5 CIPD qualified with significant generalist HR experience
- That can provide excellent HR knowledge and support to all aspects of the Trust’s operations, bringing challenge to decision making where appropriate
- Who demonstrates unquestionable integrity and discretion to ensure that the Trust’s HR processes are managed to the highest standard
- That is proactive in keeping professional HR knowledge up to date and have a commitment to personal and professional development
- Who is a confident communicator, able to present our people strategy to our Headteachers and other key stakeholders
- Who can be flexible, have a calm approach and a ‘can-do’ attitude, and is comfortable working at pace with multiple priorities
- Who always interacts positively with colleagues, be solutions focused and seek to understand the needs of each of our school
Join the GLF Schools Community
As a part of GLF Schools, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education. With regular progression discussions, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether in one of our 42 academies or in our central team.
- Celebrating 10 years as a growing Multi Academy Trust with over 2,000 colleagues and over 17,000 pupils
- Founded upon the values of Respect, Inclusivity, Integrity and Kindness
- 42 primary and secondary schools across 7 Local Authority areas across the south of England
- We work as a community whilst ensuring each school maintains its own unique identity
- Committed to ensuring all children and young people receive the best possible education
GLF Schools Employment Offer
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer, which allows all our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish
- Access to our highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working options
- Generous holiday allowance
- Work life and family friendly policies
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Career pathways and talent management
- Access to a staff benefits portal
- Community and collaboration working model
Please read the attached Join Our Community candidate pack for further information.
Salary: £40,000 - £46,352 FTE per annum
Pro-Rata Salary - £18,088 - £20,960
Hours of work: 18 hours per week over 41 weeks of the year (term time plus an additional 2 weeks). We are open to a variety of working patterns.
Contract: Fixed Term, maternity cover
Start Date: November 2022
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2022
Interview Date: TBC with shortlisted candidates
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. GLF Schools recognises and celebrates the diversity of its schools and their communities. There is a shared commitment across the Trust to develop further a culture of respect, where discrimination is not tolerated, and individuals are treated equitably and fairly and feel a sense of belonging. We strive for an inclusive environment where staff, children and students are comfortable to express their own identity, should they wish, in which diversity and inclusion is of mutual benefit for everyone in our schools. We particularly welcome applicants from under-represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place