Magdalen College School, founded in 1480, is one of the country’s leading independent day schools.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced HR Professional to provide daily operational delivery and management of all facets of the HR function in our busy HR Department. This is to cover a period of maternity leave. The HR function is 2 members of staff – HR Manager and Recruitment Officer.
Further details and application instructions are contained herein.
Duties of the role will include, but will not be restricted to:
• Responsibility for a daily operational delivery, including absence management, employee relations, line management support, employee advice, compliance with relevant employment legislation, best practice and advice on the interpretation of the company HR policies.
• Overseeing the administrative procedure for the recruitment/vetting of all new employees, Governors, agency staff and volunteers following Safer Recruitment guidelines – from placing advertisements to appointments, including involvement in selection panels.
• Preparing offer letters and checking employment contracts for new staff, ensuring that the contracts that are issued comply with legislation and with School policies as well as overseeing induction programmes.
• Advising on implementation of HR policies and procedures fairly and consistently across all School employees.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in HR management, with at least 2 years’ of professional HR experience being aligned to the education sector, ideally in a school.
• CIPD level 7 qualification or other relevant professional qualification relating to such a level.
• An in-depth understanding of UK employment law and best practice.
• The ability to interpret legislation and other laid down procedures and to explain the requirements in understandable, practical terms to non-specialists.
• Experience in developing and implementing HR policies and procedures.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark in a busy and thriving school.