Salary: £26,281 - £29,578 ( TSAT Grade E)
Start date: Ideally 19th April 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 7th March 2021
Interview Date : W/C 15th March 2021
We are looking for a HR Officer to join our HR Team to provide a professional and efficient HR service to our schools, central services team and external customers. You will work closely with the HR Partner, Deputy Head of HR and the Executive Business Managers to provide HR advisory support, ensuring consistent and effective HR management of employee relations cases across the Trust.
This position will be based in Medway at the Trust Central offices at New Horizons Children’s Academy.
You will be required to support our academies and external customers with employee relations cases and carry out investigations for disciplinary and grievance cases, maintaining confidentiality at all times. You will also be required to support the Trust HR Partners in preparation of reports, including absence reports, liaising with academies to collate information.
The successful candidate will be joining our growing and welcoming team who work closely together and enjoy supporting one another. The HR Team is split in to specialisms of payroll, recruitment and the Employee Relations team who you will be joining.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached JD and person specification
• Generalist HR experience including ER, TUPE, redundancy, disciplinary etc.
• Experience within the education sector would be beneficial but is not essential
• Ability to analyse data and statistics to make informed decisions and suggestions
• CIPD Level 5 qualification or working towards this qualification is essential
• Hardworking individual, quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level of support to our schools and external customers
• Be customer service focused and provide a service that aligns with our customer service values – Trusted, Solution Focused, Approachable and Timely
• You will be able to explain policies and procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
• Able to work quickly and efficiently in order to reach the best outcomes at all times
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Able to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
• Full driving licence and able to occasionally travel to work in Portsmouth to support our schools located there
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
• The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
• Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s Academy in Chatham
• The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service
• A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other
• Vast support network from senior leaders within the school and our Trust
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working for our Trust in our HR Team, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.