Salary: TSAT pay group 4 - £23,817 - £28,273
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Location: New Horizons Children’s Academy, Chatham (Hybrid working opportunities available)
Closing date: Sunday 10th July
Are you looking to build your career within an Employee Relations role? Would you like the opportunity to join a support the future shape of an evolving Employee Relations service across the Trust? Then we have a role that may interest you!
We are looking for a HR Officer to coach, guide and provide Employee Relations advice in delivering a professional and efficient HR Service to our schools, central services team and external customers.
You will hold a CiPD Level 5 qualification or we will support you completing your level 5 qualification via the apprenticeship levy and this will be fully funded by the Trust.
Working closely with the HR Business Partner, Deputy Head of HR and the Executive Business Managers you will provide HR advisory support, ensuring consistent and effective HR management of employee relations cases across the Trust
This position will be based in Medway at the Trust Central offices at New Horizons Children’s Academy and we support Hybrid working.
Your new role
You will be required to support our academies and external customers with employee relations cases and carry out investigations for disciplinary and grievance cases, maintaining confidentiality at all times. You will also be required to support the Trust HR Partners in preparation of reports, including absence reports, liaising with academies to collate information. You will also support our schools in managing staff absences and staff performance.
The successful candidate will be joining our growing and welcoming team who work closely together and enjoy supporting one another. The HR Team is split in to specialisms of Payroll, Recruitment and the Employee Relations team who you will be joining. This is an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to expand their employee relations knowledge and experience and the opportunity to work toward becoming a HR Advisor.
What you will need to succeed:
For further details please see the attached job description
- Generalist HR experience including ER, performance management, disciplinary etc.
- Experience within the education sector would be beneficial but is not essential
- Ability to analyse data and statistics to make informed decisions and suggestions
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or willingness to working towards, this will be funded by the Trust
- Hardworking individual, quick to learn and motivated to deliver a high level of support to our schools and external customers
- Be customer service focused and provide a service that aligns with our customer service values – Trusted, Solution Focused, Approachable and Timely
- You will be able to explain policies and procedures accurately and in a timely manner.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in order to reach the best outcomes at all times
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality inside and outside of the workplace
- Full driving licence to travel to school sites in the Medway area
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows in size
- Fantastic CPD opportunities including funded formal qualifications and apprenticeships
- The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of continuous service
- Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at Holcombe Grammar School in Chatham
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- A fun, hardworking and welcoming team who enjoy supporting each other and celebrating our successes !
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us at a really exciting time for the HR team, as we continue to grow and enhance the professional services that we provide. If you are interested in joining our growing Multi-Academy Trust and developing your career, please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
If this position is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please click here to join our Talent Pool.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.