Aims of Job/Job Purpose
This is a key role within the College and you will be relied upon to be a trusted Advisor and source of expertise. It will be a challenging role which will require you to network and build strong relationships with managers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Operate as a trusted partner delivering an operational HR Service
• Ensure effective communication in a coaching, supportive and challenging manner, ensuring managers are competent and confident in the application of HR policies and practices
• Provide expert advice and guidance on HR issues including recruitment, disciplinary & grievance, sickness absence, HR Information & People Management issues.
• To work proactively with College managers to manage and reduce absenteeism.
• Support the HR Management team to manage people related issues ensuring appropriate processes, quality communication and support is delivered
• Responsible for supporting the HR Management team in managing an operational HR team, who are competent, fit for purpose, developed and motivated.
• Support the HR management team to ensure excellent practices are established and maintained
• Ensure continuous improvement and 'right first time' delivery of operational HR activities is achieved
• Drive a pro-active, customer focused way of working within the HR Team
• Support the HR Management team on key strategic projects
• Support the HR Management team in the leading of a robust HR Team ensuring effective deployment of resources to cover operational HR processes throughout the employee life cycle.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with local Trade Union Representatives
• Support the HR Management team with the up skilling and competence of the HR team
• Ensure accuracy of data is upheld and maintained, carrying out regular audits to ensure compliance
• Ensure the provision of agreed management information for the HR Management team and Managers within the College.
• Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as directed and required, that is commensurate with the grade of the post.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. South & City College Birmingham is an equal opportunities employer. All posts within the College are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate