We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Humanities Teacher – Geography specialist. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and effective teacher to join our good academy.
WHY CHOOSE US
At The Cedars Academy we believe in being kind, working hard, and taking responsibility. We believe school should be a calm, inclusive and safe place, where teachers can get on and teach, and pupils can get on and learn without disruption. We are seeking a passionate, committed and inspiring teacher to join our brilliant Humanities team. If you are keen to make a real difference to the lives of young people who need great teachers, get in touch and arrange a visit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Salary TMS / UPS.
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen with locally sourced ingredients.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
- A Good Honours Degree.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
The Trust strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where all staff have a seat at the table: a seat to be free, a seat to inspire, a seat to challenge and a seat to succeed.
We currently have staff networks for staff who are Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer + (LGBTQ+), staff who would describe their background as working class and staff with a disability. Find out more on our website
The Cedars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.