Inherited from the 450 years of education excellence from Harrow School, UK, Asia International School Limited (AISL) has over 20 years of experience in education, opening international schools in Bangkok (in 1998), Beijing (in 2005), Hong Kong (in 2012) and Shanghai (in 2016).
Harrow International School (HIS) and Harrow Innovation Leadership Academy (HILA) Haikou is a key project for the Hainan government as they transform Haikou into an international education hub. Harrow Haikou is the first world-renowned educational brand in the Province and will transform concepts of high quality education across the region.
Strategically located in Jiangdong District at the north of Jiangdong Avenue and south side of Linhai Third Road, Harrow Haikou will provide K-12 international and bilingual education for foreign and local day and boarding students. Both schools are planned to open in September 2020 with a maximum capacity of 1,800 students. The first phase of student admission will target children age 2 –13 (kindergarten to Year 9/ Grade 8).
We are seeking a high performing Teacher of Humanities for a position commencing Aug 2021. Successful applicants will be offered a two year renewable contract with highly competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
We welcome applications from the UK state and independent sector as well as from those working internationally. Opportunities to work with our boarders may be available.
Please apply for this vacancy if you meet the following requirements
· Appropriate degree, with UK PGCE, or other teaching qualification giving QTS
· Minimum two years’ teaching experience
· Familiarity with the National Curriculum of England (Plus IGCSE/GCSE and/or A Levels as appropriate)
· Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
· A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
· Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
· Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
· Previous experience working with students for whom English is not their first language
· A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
· A clean International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or police check (for applicants who have never worked in UK) and no question regarding suitability to work with children
How to apply
· Please click on the 'Apply' below OR email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning 'HUMHARROW' in the subject line.
The safeguarding of students is at the core of all that we do.
Purpose of Job
• Responsible for fostering positive self-esteem and supportive relationships for all pupils, founded upon
respect and mutual trust
• Responsible for maximising the academic progress of the pupils they teach by delivering the very highest
standards of teaching and learning
• Promote a positive, purposeful and professional working atmosphere that encourages cooperation and
challenge whilst valuing the contribution that individuals make to the success of the school
• Promote equality of opportunity for all regardless of race, religion or gender and encourage excellence,
resourcefulness and perseverance
Knowledge and experience
• Be aware and up to date in all relevant safeguarding polices and practice
• Knowledge and experience of how to use of ICT effectively in promoting pupil learning
• Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities
• Previous experience or knowledge of working with pupils for whom English is not their first language
• Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic
• Passionate about teaching and a strong commitment to holistic education
• The ability to inspire pupils through a genuine passion for learning and a desire to lead them towards
outstanding academic outcomes
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• Highly motivated, ambitious and collaborative
• Demonstrate empathy, humility and genuinely care about children, taking the time to listen and