Qatar Foundation is growing fast and we’re looking for an outstanding IB PYP Coodrinator to join our team. The Foundation focuses on education, science and research, and community development, and we need the best people to help us achieve our ambitious goals. If you smile when you think about children; when you’re talking to parents; when you’re discussing new ideas in education; when you’re removing barriers to learning, you may be the person we’re looking for.
Qualifications and Experience
● Bilingual (Arabic and English) IB PYP Educator
● Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent
● Post Graduate Qualification (Masters; PGCE; NPQH etc.) in Education, Educational Leadership, or other relevant field preferred
● Successful teaching experience in elementary education
● Comprehensive knowledge of the PYP programme with at least 3 years of PYP program coordination experience, and experience of experiential learning
● Holding one of the IB PYP roles such as workshop leader; consultant; School Visit Team Leader; or team member
● Experience in leading a school through the IB authorization and/or evaluation
● Experience in the development of curriculum and assessment
● Experience of responsibility and leadership in educational settings
● Skilled in educational leadership and able to inspire others
● Recent relevant professional development
● Effective interpersonal, organizational, and written & oral communication skills
Salary and Benefits
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Benefits include a tax-free salary, housing, health, life and long-term disability insurance, annual home leave, shipping allowance, gratuity and tuition benefits for Pre K – Grade 12 school-age dependents.
Candidates wishing to learn more about TBZ can visit our website.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday 3rd December, 2020. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received and shortlisting completed by 10th December 2020. Interviews to be held between 13th and 15th December 2020. In-country candidates will be invited to visit the school.
Internal applicants are welcome to apply. Candidates should note that Qatar Foundation Schools reserves the right to make an appointment at any time, even before the deadline mentioned if an exceptional candidate is identified early in the process. For this reason, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest possible time. Candidates should complete in full the application form. In compliance with Safer Recruitment principles, applications with incomplete application forms will not be considered. Also, candidates should provide a statement of education philosophy, including an explanation of why they believe they are the right person for the position. This may be part of the completed application form.
Complete applications should be addressed to the Primary School Vice Principal, Mrs. Dalal Ali Ahmed, and to the school Director: Mrs. Maha Al Romaihi. If you wish to discuss the role please contact Mrs. Dalal Ali Ahmed.
Qatar Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.