ICT Technician – Grade 6
Location: Leicester Partnership School
Salary: £24,799 (spinal point 15) – £26,999 (spinal point 18) per annum
Permanent - 37 hours per week
Description of the service area:
Pupil Referral Unit
Description of the role:
To provide first and second line technical support for all the ICT facilities within the School premises. This includes systems hardware and software, networks, and telephones.
Also to provide support and assistance to staff and students in their use of ICT equipment and software when required.
Essential requirements of the post:
- Suitable qualification in ICT subject or equivalent experience.
- Min 3 years ICT experience in an IT support role.
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Windows 10 Desktop.
- Working Knowledge of installing MS operating systems and Applications.
- A high degree of ICT technical competence & comprehension.
- Knowledge of MSSQL databases, schools data collection systems.
- Experience of working within an educational establishment.
- Experience of problem solving and troubleshooting ICT issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role.
- Relevant Microsoft Accredited or professional training qualification.
- Knowledge of Google Applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Software.
- Appreciation of current Information Security requirements.
- Ability to work independently but also a proven team-player.
Applicants – please ensure you cover these desirable requirements in your supporting evidence.
For an informal discussion please contact Phil Atkinson O116 3033281 Option 2
Please ensure you provide an email address as this is our preferred method of contact.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th October
Interviews: week of 21st October
Leicester Partnership School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.