Salary: Grade 8, £21,197.26 per annum, rising to £23,384.45 per annum through annual increments
Hours: 36.25 per week (08:15 to 16:00), term time only (to incl. INSET days)
Contract: Fixed term until August 2020 (with the possibility of a permanent role for the right person at the end of the fixed term period)
Are you someone with a passion to see young people succeed and improve their life chances? An exciting opportunity has arisen at Winterbourne Academy, for an experienced and dedicated Inclusion and Learning Centre Manager.
Duties to include
• managing the RI Room to ensure that it effectively supports the Academy’s Behaviour System in supporting and challenging students to behave appropriately and respectfully
• supporting staff to implement restorative/solution focused practices with students and ensue that teaching staff engage in this work as part of the Academy’s Behaviour System
• providing direct supervision and support to students who have been removed from class, helping these students overcome barriers to their learning whilst ensuring work set is completed
• planning learning activities, collating resources and reviewing these on a regular basis to ensure of student progress
• maintaining and providing accurate data regarding the RI room, detention and sanctions, as part of whole school reporting.
• organising, coordinating and overseeing the Academy detention and sanctions system.
• be a key point of contact with parents regarding student behaviour and the detention system, through the use of text message, phone, email and written formats.
This is a key role within the Academy so it is important that the successful candidate has experience of managing the behaviour of challenging students in a secondary school, as well as the ability to be adaptable and reflective within working practices. Additionally the successful applicant will:
- Have the skills to manage and lead the on-site provision
- Knowledge and experience of intervention programmes that accelerate progress
- Have the ability to use data and strategic information to raise attainment
- Have the ability to plan strategically to promote good behaviour
- Have proven experience of motivating and inspiring disengaged students
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people on different levels
- Be a team player with the ability to work using own initiative
The successful candidate must have relevant experience in a similar role with a proven track record. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before submitting an application.
This is a fixed term post until August 2020 (with the possibility of a permanent role for the right person at the end of the fixed term period).
WHAT WE OFFER:
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability
• Collaborative working within our shared family of academies to support our endeavours to work smarter
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• Onsite parking
• Onsite canteen
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
• Fantastic facilities
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Academy is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form outlining reasons for applying and suitability for the role. More information about Winterbourne Academy can be found on our website along with an application form, or telephone the academy.
Closing date: Sunday, 23rd June 2019
Interview date: TBC