Our family school where all are equally valued
Here at Grove Road School, we are looking for an inspirational Inclusion Leader to further develop and lead inclusion and SEND within the school and join our highly committed team. The role is full time with no classroom responsibility.
The successful applicant will:
• Be enthusiastic and committed to improving educational outcomes for pupils with special educational needs.
• Work closely with SLT keeping them regularly informed of pupil progress, interventions and support in place and highlighting, where necessary, changes and developments needed, liaise and work with external agencies.
• A qualified Teacher with significant teaching experience.
• Hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or be prepared to work towards it
• Have experience of working with children with Special Needs.
• Have experience of applying for EHCP, holding annual reviews, transition meetings etc.
• Have sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
• The ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with SEND children.
• The ability to support the work of teaching assistants working with SEND Children.
• The ability to work with and support parents of pupils who are on the SEND register or have an EHCP.
In return we can offer you :
• The warm, welcoming, family feel of a small school with amazing interiors and school grounds
• High quality, ongoing professional development.
• Opportunities to explore your own professional interests, utilising the combined strengths of the Local HUB and HEP.
• A strong leadership team who are driving the school forward with a clear vision and high expectations.
• Wonderful children who are a joy to work with
Please contact the school for any further information on how to apply or to arrange a convenient time to talk to our headteacher, Lyn Gray. Due to COVID_19 restrictions we are only able to accommodate visits to the outside of the school to meet the head teacher and see the site, although please do visit our website for a virtual tour of the school.
If you wish to apply for this position, please contact the school for an application form.
Grove Road Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The application process and timetable
You are invited to submit an application to the Head teacher.
You should take into account the Person Specification and Job Description attached to this pack.
Closing date for applications – noon on Friday 22nd January 2021
Interviews – Thursday 4th February 2021
The candidates selected for interview will be informed and full details of the interview programme will be provided.
Grove Road Primary School has an Equal Opportunities Policy for selection and recruitment.
Grove Road Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.