Inclusion and Safeguard Lead September 2022 (Part Time 0.8)
Salary MS +TLR 2/ SENCO Award depending on experience
Summerhill Infant School “demonstrates a commitment to equality of opportunity and tackling any discrimination”. (Ofsted 2013). As a popular, local school we are looking to recruit an experienced Inclusion Lead to join our talented team. We are currently a two-form entry school in an ideal location close to transport links.
We are looking for a talented leader who has a passion for inclusive primary education, committed to educating the whole child and able to monitor and support inclusion across the school.
We are also looking for a leader with a strong knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and experience of working with vulnerable pupils.
You will have high expectations, be dedicated to our child-centred approach and be bursting with engaging ideas. Joining us you will be a creative and accomplished practitioner who welcomes collaborative practice and working in a supportive, exciting environment.
To be part of our school you will need to:
- Enjoy working with children to ensure they meet their potential
- Be able to develop positive relationships with the whole community
- Have high expectations for teaching and learning
- Be able to shape and drive the curriculum and school policy
- Be committed to continuing professional development
- Be a proactive learner and willing to work collaboratively
- Be able to deliver a small teaching commitment
In return, we can offer you:
- Wonderful children with a passion to learn
- A creative, exciting curriculum that engages children in their learning
- A dynamic, friendly staff who all share the same goals and ethos
- A leadership team that makes a positive impact on pupils’ outcomes
- Opportunities for further career development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed (Tuesday, 1st February 5.00 pm). To arrange a visit or request a Job Application Pack, please contact Yvonne Dickenson at the school, please visit our website.
For further information about our wonderful school.
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday, 8th February 2022
Interview date: Wednesday, 2nd March 2022.
Summerhill Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to have the same commitment. Appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Summerhill Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.