Would you like to work in a student focused environment?
Looking for an opportunity to ‘make a difference’?
Then why not work for us?
INCLUSION SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary Range: £15,691 - £16,004 per annum (actual)
35.42 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum (1381.25 hours per annum)
Imagine what’s possible…
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational and motivated individual to join a very dedicated and passionate team working pro-actively with vulnerable and sometimes challenging students to enable them to access high quality learning successfully and maximise their full potential.
Working in a busy environment, your strong service ethos and ability to cope with the varied demands will be fundamental to your success. You will be part of a team providing calm, focused, supportive environments in our Inclusion Centre and Protected Learning Room (PLR). In the Inclusion Centre you will help the team provide a safe space for students with a variety of needs. With Inclusion intervention, students are supported to cope with the demands of college life whatever their additional needs and challenges. The team focuses on teaching emotional and behavioural intelligence and specific learning skills. In the PLR you will work alongside Inclusion and senior staff to provide solution-focused sanctions and effective, individually tailored interventions to support behaviour change. This role involves close liaison with the departments specialising in special educational needs and pastoral care.
The successful applicant will:
• have recent experience of working with young people, preferably in an educational setting
• have knowledge and understanding of some of the barriers to social and learning success
• be confident in managing sometimes challenging behaviour, with support
• have experience of or be willing to develop an understanding of a range of strategies to support students with additional needs
• be committed to promoting the wellbeing and success of all students and have high expectations for themselves and young people
• have the ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents
• demonstrate good interpersonal and team-working skills
• be able to multi-task and work flexibly, liaising with a wide range of support across the college
We, at Newton Abbot College (“Good” OFSTED April 2019) have exceptional expectations of our students and staff and we welcome applicants who share our commitment to place student learning at the centre of everything we do. Our induction programme is excellent and all staff are involved in an innovative CPD programme.
Sounds exciting? Then get in touch.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.
Only applications submitted on the College’s online application form will be considered.
Closing date: 12 October 2020 at noon; Interview date: 19 October 2020
Newton Abbot College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful, you will undergo Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service and employment checks.