INCLUSION SUPPORT WORKER
• Salary Range: NJC 6-9 £16,996 - £18,036 (pro rata from £19,698 - £20,903)
• 37 Hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term time only)
• Hours between 8 am and 4.30 pm every school day (with lunch of 30 minutes and a further break of 30 minutes each day) and with time for occasional meetings outside this time as required.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with young people within the Inclusion Team at Bristol Free School.
This is a non-teaching post which will give the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to work within our Inclusion Team. The Inclusion team supports young people with behaviour, attendance and safeguarding. This is a new exciting role for a person who would like to work closely with young people to support them in their school life. Full training will be provided for the successful candidate and there are opportunities for further career progression within the Inclusion team. Some experience of working with children would also be helpful.
This is a varied role and so we are seeking a flexible and resilient individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing situations and priorities
Why Join Bristol Free School?
• BFS is a vibrant and successful school, serving the community of North West Bristol. It is situated in a well-connected location, from which it is easy to access the city and motorway network
• BFS is part of the Russell Education Trust. The school was established in September 2011 and in a short space of time, has become a very successful and oversubscribed local community school
• BFS has a fantastic reputation not only for academic development but for our broad extra-curricular opportunities for sport, music and wider cultural experiences
What are we looking for?
• Commitment to supporting the needs of disadvantaged children
• Ability to build rapport with young people of all backgrounds
• High aspirations for all and commitment to equality of opportunity
• Ability to manage a large workload and resilience
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability
If you feel ready for this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date – 09:00am Wednesday 04 November 2020
Interviews w/c Monday 09 November 2020
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.