Inclusion Support Worker
Location: North West Bristol, BS10
Pay: NJC 6-9 £16,996 - £18,036 based on Full time equivalent £19,698 - £20,903
HOURS: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term time only).
At Bristol Free School, we are committed to the young people in our care. Our commitment encourages and inspires every child to fulfil their potential, we provide our students with the necessary skills to achieve academic and personal growth so they truly thrive, both socially and emotionally. We are excited to be advertising for an Inclusion Support Worker to undertake work, care and support primarily for behaviour.
Do you enjoy working with students from diverse backgrounds? Are you looking to become part of a supportive and inclusive team? At BFS we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to support our students. Our school is a vibrant community and a highly rewarding place to work. This role is working 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday) permanent contract paying between £16,996 - £18,036 (based on FTE £19,698 – 20,903) dependant on experience.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
You will primarily be responsible for assisting in addressing complex student needs, coordinating multi-professional support and focussing school strategy on key safeguarding and mental health needs.
• Supporting the Behaviour Systems in School: Working to manage and support student behaviour, during ‘Call Out’s around the school area and within the Internal Exclusion Room. Providing excellent interpersonal skills to students to ensure de-escalation of behaviour concerns and to make sure lessons are unaffected.
• Support the Safeguarding and Welfare of Students: Ensuring up to date knowledge of Safeguarding law and referral process. To support the Safeguarding team, ensuring safeguarding concerns are shared with the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
• Support the inclusive ethos of the School: To Assist tutors and senior staff in the monitoring of vulnerable students.
• Previous experience within a similar role
• Ability to manage own time effectively
• Ability to operate as part of a team or individually as required.
• Excellent communicator who is patient, flexible and adaptable.
• Level 2 safeguarding (desirable but not essential)
What we offer
Being part of BFS means living our values of community, ambition and opportunity. We want our young people to leave BFS with confidence and a strong belief that they can make the best of their life chances and be positive citizens with a strong moral compass. We all have the potential to support to shape our school and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
The successful candidate can expect:
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community
- Positive and inclusive working environment where well-being is central to our culture
- Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Career development, CPD courses
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free parking onsite
BFS celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
If this role sounds like something you would be interested in, then please apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
If offered the post, appropriate checks will be carried out prior to your start date. These checks will include (but are not limited to) a full DBS check.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.