Inclusion Support Worker
37 Hours per week - 39 weeks per year (Term Time Only)
NJC 11-17 £19,094 - £21,502
This is a non-teaching role focused on supporting the school’s behaviour system. The role is line managed by the Behaviour Manager. The postholder will assist the Behaviour Manager by implementing key aspects of the behaviour policy.
The Inclusion Support Worker is a key role in the school offering reactive support primarily for behaviour, providing first line investigation of incidents, including those relating to safeguarding concerns. The Inclusion Support Worker (ISW) will be expected to work closely with staff at all levels in both teaching and support roles. There will be the potential to progress within the Inclusion Support Staff structure as experience and training develops.
Role Specific Duties
Supporting the behaviour systems in the school by:
• Working within the Internal Exclusion Room on a rota set by the Behaviour Manager. This will require managing student behaviour in this room, ensuring students have appropriate work and ensuring data is kept accurately about students being referred
• Working on a rota of callout with other staff. Callouts will be made to the Internal Exclusion Room and then radioed to the Inclusion Support Worker ‘on call’. It is then their responsibility to attend the required school area and provide support. This will require good interpersonal skills for de-escalation of behavioural concerns; support in re-rooming students and in ensuring the smooth running of lessons continues unaffected. This system is supported by the Behaviour Manager and senior team.
To support the safeguarding and welfare of students in the Year group/s by:
• Ensuring up to date knowledge of safeguarding law and referral process
• Ensuring own Child Protection and Safeguarding training is up to date
• Ensuring that safeguarding concerns are shared with Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputy DSL
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Those who work for us are expected to share this commitment, which will be fully tested as part of the selection process. Our policies, procedures and practices reflect our commitment to equality and diversity. Individuals will be selected for appointment based purely on their suitability for the post.