Cambridge Regional College have an exciting opportunity for an Industry Placement Coordinator to join our work placement team at the Cambridge Campus, with some travel to the Huntingdon Campus required.
You will join us on a part-time (25 or 30 hours per week), term time basis (38 weeks), and in return you will receive a competitive salary of between £20,943 to £22,890 p.a. (pro rata), plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon.
We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields.
Our campus facilities are among the best in the country, and you’ll find a modern teaching environment with lots of energy and interaction.
CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
In addition, we value our staff as we understand they make the difference in transforming lives, our investment in our staff has been formally recognised in being accredited with Investors in People Gold status.
Just some of the rewards you can benefit from joining our staff, include:
- Local government pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards@CRC
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets (Costa Coffee at Cambridge Campus and Starbucks at Huntingdon Campus)
- Free independent telephone counselling service with our Employee Assistant Programme
- Staff Development opportunities.
About the Industry Placement Coordinator role:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our work placement team to support the College's Industry Placement strategy for our 16-19 year old full time students.
The main responsibilities include:
• Liaising with employers for meaningful work placement opportunities, matching and preparing students, monitoring and reviewing and dealing with any matters arising.
• Working with our industry placements students who require meaningful work placements alongside their study programme.
• Providing support with writing CV’s, completing applications and covering letters.
• Preparing students support for their industry placement to ensure that they are prepared and have the ability to make the most of the industry placement.
What we are looking for in our role:
• The desire to engage young people and support with their progression in life and work is essential.
• You will need to be highly organised, possess excellent administration and IT skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to working in a changing, fast-paced environment.
• Enthusiastic, pro-active, professional approach.
• Educated to at least A Level standard.
• No previous experience as an Industry Placement Coordinator is required however the ability to build business related relationships is essential.
Please see Job Description for more information.
This is a rewarding role supporting students to increase their employability skills alongside their study programme.
If you believe you have the skills and experience needed to be our Industry Placement Coordinator please apply online today.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.