INFANT TEACHING ASSISTANT
Salary Grade: J/K grade (dependant on experience)
Contract: 1 year fixed term
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Hours: 25 hours per week (9:00-12:00am and 1:00-3:00pm Monday to Friday), term time only
Start date: As soon as possible
About the Opportunity:
We wish to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support children’s learning, assisting the teacher, and helping to make a positive environment for the children to learn in, initially working with infant children (in Year 1 and Reception).
Our ideal candidate:
- An excellent Teaching Assistant, who loves working with children
- Has high expectations for all children and would be committed to help them fulfil their potential
- Is able to motivate and support our children
- A team player who works effectively and collaboratively with others
- Previous experience of working in a school environment, especially a knowledge of phonics and experience of leading small groups.
- A minimum level of education to include English and maths GCSE grade C or equivalent
We will offer you:
- Rewarding work, as you help the children make progress academically and with other aspects of their learning
- Polite children who want to learn and are proud of their school
- Experienced, committed, friendly and supportive colleagues
- A calm, friendly ethos, where each child is valued as an individual
- A well-resourced and spacious working environment
- Professional development opportunities to ensure your individual needs are met
Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. Eldene Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to satisfactory references, enhanced DBS and medical clearances, and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.