Her Majesty’s Inspectors of Education and Training (HMI)
We are looking for motivated individuals with a track record of successful leadership or specialist experience in one or more of the following areas of expertise:
• Secondary education
• Independent Schools (secondary mainstream)
• Early Years, with a particular focus on the non-maintained sector
As an inspector, the advice and recommendations you give will influence the future of education right across Wales. Your day-to-day work will include:
• Leading or contributing to inspection, reporting and advice work, including inspections of individual education providers and broader ‘thematic’ reviews that range across a sample of provision in Wales
• Involvement in national developments and producing professional advice designed to inform the development of policy in your areas of expertise
• Undertaking work designed to capture and disseminate the best practice that we see through our inspection programmes
• Working within agreed systems and processes and to contribute to organisational growth, development and change in Estyn
• Undertaking quality assurance of inspection reports and thematic surveys
• Preparing and delivering initial and update training for external inspectors and events for key stakeholders
• Being a role model for Estyn’s values, acting at all times in the interest of children and students
• Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the children and young persons you come into contact with
- Salary: £63,880 - £74,730
- Hours of work: Five-day week (Monday to Friday) of 37 hours excluding lunch breaks.
- Location: Home-based, with frequent travel required all over Wales
The closing date for applications is 10:00am on Wednesday, 10 March 2021.
Estyn is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.