The Rowans Alternative Provision Academy, rated Outstanding Feb 2015
Part of The Inspiring Change Multi-Academy Trust
Inspiring and Innovative Teacher - for January 2020
Main/Upper Pay Scale plus SEN2 Allowance (£4158)
The Trustees and Headteacher of The Rowans are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated teacher to teach Key Stage 3 and 4. An interest in teaching ICT at KS3 is desirable but not essential, all subject specialisms will be considered. Applications from primary trained teachers are also welcome. The successful applicant would be joining an established team who work closely together in the pursuit of excellence.
The Rowans is an outstanding and innovative provision where the staff are able to make a real difference to the lives of the pupils and their families. Life at The Rowans can be challenging but it is equally rewarding knowing that these pupils have a brighter future having studied at The Rowans.
The Rowans converted to academy status as part of The Inspiring Change MAT, a multi-academy trust created specifically to address the shortfall in specialist alternative provision. The Rowans is an alternative provision providing an exciting and highly personalised, holistic education for 11-16 year olds who have either been permanently excluded from mainstream schools or who have an EHCP for SEMH.
The Rowans provides another chance for young people to access education, make progress and change the direction of their lives. The talented staff team work tirelessly to ensure the education pupils receive whilst at The Rowans is tailored to meet their individual needs and designed to give them the skills to improve their life chances. All pupils have every opportunity to gain qualifications for their future as well as developing vital life skills.
The Rowans Leadership team has a strong shared vision for ‘inspiring change for a brighter future’ and giving all pupils the opportunities to succeed. The Rowans staff team are committed and dedicated to creating these opportunities and to helping all young people reach their full potential.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inspirational team, who last year won the Pearson’s National Teaching Award for Team of the Year.
• Be experienced, energetic, dynamic and enthusiastic.
• Be outstanding classroom practitioners with a commitment to improve and develop
• Be able to use their own initiative and work well as part of a team.
• Enjoy challenging, supporting and motivating young people.
• Have a commitment to raising standards for all young people.
• Be highly motivated and have passion, integrity to drive the school forward.
In return we can offer:
• A dynamic school with high expectations.
• An enthusiastic staff team and fantastic children.
• Opportunities to develop and take on new challenges.
• A supportive and visionary leadership group.
Closing Date: 4th October 2019