Instructor Electrical Installations
37 hours per week
Salary: £21,862 to £23,898 per annum (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Coventry College is recruiting to several new exciting posts within our STEM department, if you are looking to make those first steps into teaching or just want to pass on your skills you have developed in industry we have just the role for you. Coventry College STEM department offer courses in automotive, engineering, construction trades and in September 2021 we will begin offering advanced manufacturing, motorsport engineering, green technologies to name a few. If you think this is for you, email our expert recruitment team.
As an Instructor of Electrical Installations, you will assist in the delivery of learning. You will support with the supervision of students by helping students to use equipment, find materials or explain set work.
You will assist in the delivery of related programmes by supervising practical work in the workshops or other appropriate learning environments.
The successful candidates should have:
• An appropriate technical qualification to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent or applicable professional experience.
• To successfully complete AET qualification within 1 year of appointment
• Practical commercial experience in a relevant discipline
You should also be able to demonstrate:
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all staff and students
• Responsible and conscientious approach to health and safety
• Ability to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding and equality, and their importance relevant to role
As an Instructor Electrical Installations you will benefit from:
• Annual staff recognition awards
• 34 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays
• Free on-site parking
• A good pension scheme (LGPS)
A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Candidates with a disability will be guaranteed an interview, providing they meet all the essential requirements of the post. You will be required to apply for a DBS check if you are successful.
(Please note that CVs will not be accepted)
If you have any queries on the role or how to apply, please contact the Recruitment Team.
We are actively committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and any vulnerable groups within the College community. We value our diverse College community and are actively committed to promoting equality and diversity in all areas of College life. Applications are welcomed from all sections of the community. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share these commitments.
Coventry college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.